Over the weekend Roy Jones Jr.’s Square Ring Promotions hosted a hybrid MMA/Boxing card in Pensacola, Florida. Bobby Lashley and Omar Sheika topped the confirmed salaries, while Jones (via the promotion) took home two thirds of the event’s net profits, according to a report obtained by MMAJunkie.
In general the MMA fighters got a better pay day than the lesser boxers on the card. Only two of the MMA combatants received less than two thousand dollars on the evening, while six of the boxers did not reach that sum. Also, none of the boxers received win bonuses.
- Jeff Monson: $25,000 (including $10,000 win bonus) def. Roy Nelson: $30,000
- Bobby Lashley: $40,000 (including $10,000 win bonus) def. Jason Guida: $15,000
- Din Thomas: $10,000 (no win bonus) def. Gabe Lemley: $5,500
- Dennis Hallman: $6,000 (including $3,000 win bonus) def. Danny Ruiz: $2,000
- James Freeman: $600 (including $300 win bonus) def. John Mowry: $300
- Roy Jones Jr.: TBD (two-thirds of the event’s net profits) def. Omar Sheika: $50,000
- B.J. Flores: $12,500 def. Jose Luis Herrera: $12,500
- Eric Clinton: $800 def. Richmond Dalphone: $800
- Kieyon Bussey: $1,200 def. Robert DaLuz: $1,800
- Kelvin Price: $1,500 def. Kevin Howard: $1,500