The UFC 167 lineup underwent a recent change after BJJ standout Robert Drysdale was denied a license by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) after he tested for high levels of testosterone. Drysdale, who tested with a T/E ratio of 19.4/1, will be replaced by former Hofstra wrestling and football standout Gian Villante. The UFC’s parent company, Zuffa LLC., confirmed the rumored changes on Tuesday.
Zuffa released an official statement regarding the change:
Gian Villante, a training partner of UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman, will take on Cody Donovan at UFC 167 on November 16. Villante got the call to take the fight on short notice after Robert Drysdale, Donovan’s original opponent, learned that the Nevada Athletic Commission had concerns about the results of his pre-fight drug test and granting him a license to compete at the November 16 event.
UFC 167 will be headlined by a UFC welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and Johnny Hendricks. The billing will mark the 20th anniversary of UFC 1, which took place November 12 at the since demolished McNichols Sports Arena in Denver, Colorado. The UFC 167 lineup is expected to be finalized soon for the UFC’s 2o-year anniversary card.
UFC 167 Fight Card:
Main Card (Pay-per-view 10PM ET)
- UFC Welterweight Title Fight: Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. Johny Hendricks
- Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
- Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
- Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Tim Elliott
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1 8PM ET)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham
- Ed Herman vs. Thales Leites
- Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story
- Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez
Preliminary Card (Internet Stream 6:45PM ET)
- Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley
- Vaughan Lee vs. Sergio Pettis
- Cody Donovan vs. Gian Villante