Tonight’s WSOF 6 action kicked off with a seven-fight preliminary card on the company’s website. In tonight’s featured preliminary bout UFC veteran Miguel Torres made an unsuccessful featherweight debut against Pablo Alfonso. Alfonso managed to pick up the win with superior striking and BJJ as he blasted Torres with strikes before finishing with a guillotine choke.
UFC veteran Jacob Volkmann would receive a taste of his own medicine in tonight’s preliminary fight with local favorite Luiz “Buscape” Firmino. Firmino surprised the former Golden Gopher by out-wrestling Volkmann in the second and third rounds. The performance was strong enough to earn Buscape a unanimous decision victory.
In other action, former USMC Recon operator and former Bellator contender Chad Robichaux pulled off an impressive technical submission victory with a north-south choke to put him over Andrew Yates. Robichaux has now won two straight with the win.
1996 Olympic bronze medalist Alexis Vila was dealt a surprising loss tonight at the hands of talented prospect Josh Rettinghouse. While the first round was very close, Vila appeared to do enough to get the nod in the second and third rounds with his mix of grappling and punching. The judges disagreed however, with all turning in 29-28 scorecards for the prospect.
Nick LoBosco and Alexandre Pimentel both turned in impressive finishes in their respective bouts tonight in Miami. LoBosco scored a devastating knockout victory over Fabio Mello, while Pimentel pulled off a triangle finish of Jade Porter in the night’s opener.
WSOF 6 Preliminary Results:
- Pablo Alfonso def. Miguel Torres via submission at 3:05 (guillotine choke) of Round 1
- Luiz Firmino def. Jacob Volkmann via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,30-27)
- Chad Robichaux def. Andrew Yates via technical submission (north-south choke) at 4:09 of Round 2
- Josh Rettinghouse def. Alexis Vila via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
- Nick Lobosco def. Fabio Mello via KO (head kick and punches) at 2:02 of Round 1
- Alexandre Pimentel def. Jade Porter via submission (triangle) at 3:05 of Round 3