MMAFrenzy’s coverage of UFC Fight Night 30 continues with our recaps of tonight’s final trio of Facebook fights. In the final preliminary fight, Al Iaquinta defeated Piotr Hallmann in a hard-fought bout. In other action, Luke Barnatt and Jessica Andrade picked up victories in tonight’s opening action.
Iaquinta Tops Hallmann
Al Iaquinta picked up another short-notice victory over fellow short notice fighter Piotr Hallmann. While Hallmann surprised Iaquinta with some solid wrestling at times, the New York native would box his way to victory. Iaquinta has now won two fights in less than a two-month span, while Hallmann drops to 1-1 in the Octagon.
Barnatt Chokes out Craig
TUF 17 standout Luke Barnatt punched an impressive victory tonight by defeating Andrew Craig in his native England. Barnatt took some damage early on in the first but landed a sneaky right that staggered Craig before landing a hook that dropped him, but did not finish him. Despite missing the first round stoppage, Barnatt kept the pressure by flooring Craig again with an uppercut in the second. Though he started to prematurely celebrate again, Barnatt would pounce on Craig and secure a fight-ending rear naked choke to stay perfect in his pro career.
Andrade Batters Sexton
Jessica Andrade picked up her first UFC victory tonight in Manchester with a brutal beating of Rosi Sexton. Andrade battered Sexton for three straight rounds in a fight that could have been stopped multiple times. To her credit, Sexton showed serious heart throughout the fight but was simply outgunned by the Brazilian. Andrade improves to 1-1 with the win, while Sexton drops to 0-2.
UFN 30 Preliminary Results:
- Al Iaquinta def. Piotr Hallmann via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Luke Barnatt def. Andrew Craig via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:12 of Round 2
- Jessica Andrade def. Rosi Sexton via unanimous decision (30-26,30-27,30-26)
- Cole Miller def. Andy Ogle via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jimy Hettes def. Robert Whiteford via technical submission (triangle choke) at 2:17 of Round 2
- Brad Scott def. Michael Kuiper via submission (front choke) at 4:17 of Round 1