Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz will not be facing Quinton “Rampage” Jackson on November 2 after an injury during training. Ortiz was apparently forced off the Bellator 106 card with a reported neck injury according to MMAFighting.
Bellator MMA officials have yet to officially announce the injury but are searching for a replacement at this time. The Ortiz vs. Jackson bout was set to anchor the promotion’s first ever pay-per-view card on November 2 at the Long Beach Arena before Ortiz was forced to bow out.
While the loss of Ortiz is certainly a loss of name recognition, Bellator MMA still has a stacked lineup for the card that will likely see Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez II elevated to main event status with the late switch.
Bellator 106 Fight Card:
Main Card (PPV)
- Rampage Jackson vs. TBA
- Lightweight Title Fight: Michael Chandler (c) vs. Eddie Alvarez
- Light Heavyweight Interim Title Fight: King Mo Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton
- Featherweight Title Fight: Pat Curran (c) vs. Daniel Straus
- Heavyweight Final: Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius “Spartan” Quieroz
Spike TV Preliminary Fights
- Fight Master Welterweight Final: Joe Riggs vs. Mike Bronzoulis
- Terry Etim vs. Patrick Cenoble
- Akop Stepanyan vs. Mike Richman
- Karo Parysian vs. Cristiano Souza
Spike.com Preliminary Fights
- Joe Williams vs. Jesse Juarez
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith