The World Series of Fighting’s sixth card is complete with the addition of former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres taking on Pablo Alfonso. The WSOF 6 fight card will see Torres move up to featherweight to take on the CFA veteran on the preliminary card. WSOF officials told MMAFrenzy of the matchup recently via press release.
“With our first-ever championship bout scheduled in the headlining bout of our Oct. 26 event, we were already excited about visiting BankUnited Center,” World Series of Fighting President Ray Sefo said. “But we had an opportunity to put together an intriguing matchup between Miguel Torres, who will compete at 145 pounds for the fight, and a very tough local fighter in Pablo Torres, who is excited to make a statement in what would be the biggest win of his career. It’s a fantastic addition to an already incredible lineup.”
WSOF 6 will take place on the campus of the University of Miami on October 26. The October 26 lineup will be headlined by a WSOF welterweight championship pairing between Josh Burkman and Steve Carl. The card will be co-headlined by the fast-rising Marlon Moraes taking on former WEC champion Chase Beebe.
WSOF 6 Fight Card:
Main Card (NBC Sports Network)
- Josh Burkman vs. Steve Carl
- Carson Beebe vs. Marlon Moraes
- Marcelo Alfaya vs. Jon Fitch
- Justin Gaethje vs. Dan Lauzon
Preliminary Card (WSOF Stream)
- Luiz Firmino vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Pablo Alfonso vs. Miguel Torres
- Francisco France vs. Hans Stringer
- Nick LoBosco vs. Fabio Mello
- Chad Robichaux vs. Andrew Yates
- Alexandre Pimentel vs. Jade Porter