A bantamweight pairing between Dustin Pague and UFC newcomer Kyogi Horiguchi is set for what will likely be UFC 166’s final bout. The bout will take place on the evening’s Facebook preliminary card. UFC officials announced the pairing over the weekend.
Pague will likely be fighting for his job when he faces the Japanese fighter after falling to 1-4 in the Octagon. The Ultimate Fighter 14 veteran will have his hands full when he faces the explosive Horiguchi, who has won three of his last five victories by TKO. The 132-pound Shooto champion is 11-1 to this point in his MMA career, with eight of those victories ending by stoppage.
UFC 166 is headlined by the third fight between UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos. A bout between Daniel Cormier and Roy Nelson will co-headline the billing. The fight card will take place October 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Main Card (PPV 10PM ET)
- UFC Heavyweight Title Fight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior dos Santos
- Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
- John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1 8PM ET)
- Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
- Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
- Jessica Eye vs. Sarah Kaufman
- K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
Preliminary Card (Facebook 6PM ET)
- Adlan Amagov vs. T.J. Waldburger
- Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
- Jeremy Larsen vs. Charles Oliveira
- Kyogi Horiguchi vs. Dustin Pague