After a close first-round, lightweight Joe Lauzon forced late-replacement Jeremy Stephens to submit to an armbar late in the second-round of their headlining matchup, which capped off UFC Fight Night 17 on Saturday at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida.
Heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez, veteran Josh Neer, and knockout artist Anthony Johnson also picked up main card victories.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 17 RESULTS
- Joe Lauzon def. Jeremy Stephens via submission (armbar) — Round 2, 4:43
- Cain Velasquez def. Denis Stojnic via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 2:34
- Josh Neer def. Mac Danzig via submission (triangle choke) — Round 2, 3:36
- Anthony Johnson def. Luigi Fioravanti via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:39
- Kurt Pellegrino def. Rob Emerson via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 2, 3:14
- Dan Miller def. Jake Rosholt via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 1, 1:03
- Matt Veach def. Matt Grice via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 4:34
- Gleison Tibau def. Rich Clementi via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 1, 4:35
- Nick Catone def. Derek Downey via submission (keylock) — Round 2, 1:15
- Matthew Riddle def. Steve Bruno via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)