UFC newcomer Jesse Ronson will fill in for an injured Mark Bocek at UFC 165. The Canadian fighter will face off with Michel Prazeres in Toronto this September. The bout was first announced by the London Free Press and has since been confirmed by the UFC.
Ronson comes into the bout riding an eight-fight win streak into the Octagon. The Score FS veteran has not lost since his 2011 bout with Mike Ricci, which he lost by first round TKO. Ronson will be taking on Michel Prazeres, who comes into the fight after dropping the first fight of his career in his UFC debut.
UFC 165 will take place Septemeber 21 and will mark the fourth time the UFC has traveled to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The card is set to be headlined by a UFC light heavyweight title fight featuring champion Jon Jones taking on Alexander Gustafsson. An interim bantamweight title fight between champion Renan Barão and Eddie Wineland will co-headline the bout.
UFC 165 Fight Card:
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC Interim Bantamweight Title: Renan Barão (c) vs. Eddie Wineland
- Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedo
- Francis Carmont vs. Costa Philippou
- Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
- Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
- Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi
- Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
- Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
- Jesse Ronson vs. Michel Prazeres
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura
- Roland Delorme vs. Alex Caceres