Former Strikeforce bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman has been forced off the upcoming UFC Fight Night 27 fight card due to the lack of an opponent. Kaufman’s original opponent, Sara McMann, was forced off the card due to personal reasons. Kaufman confirmed the news via twitter:
Thank you for all the support after hearing my @UFC debut has been postponed due to no opponent. Keep in touch!
— Sarah Kaufman (@mmasarah) August 19, 2013
With multiple WMMA fighters being on the shelf due to The Ultimate Fighter 18, it likely hindered the efforts to find a suitable replacement. While the show has wrapped filming, using one of the under contract fighters would spoil the show’s result.
UFC Fight Night 27 will take place August 28 in Indianapolis and see a rematch between welterweights Martin Kampmann and Carlos Condit headline the card. The main card lineup will feature six fights including an intriguing co-main event between lightweights Donald Cerrone and Rafael dos Anjos, as well as the welterweight debut of Kelvin Gastelum.
UFC Fight Night 27 Fight Card:
Main Card (FOX Sports 1 8PM ET)
- Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
- Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Brian Melancon
- Court McGee vs. Robert Whittaker
- Robert McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 2 6PM ET)
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez
- Papy Abedi vs. Dylan Andrews
- Justin Edwards vs. Brandon Thatch
- Darren Elkins vs. Hatsu Hioki
Preliminary Card (Facebook 4:30PM ET)
- James Head vs. Jason High
- Ben Alloway vs. Zak Cummings
- Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo