If the news that Ortiz- Jackson will headline Bellator’s first pay-per-view didn’t prompt you to break open the piggy bank for some extra MMA funds, then you may be happy to hear that the promotion is planning to book several of its top fighters for the card. Considering the general feedback the bout’s received so far, that’s probably a good plan.
Bellator held a media call Tuesday to promote the November 2nd event, which will go down at the Long Beach Arena in California. According to a report from MMA Junkie.com. the promotion’s CEO Bjorn Rebney said they’re hoping to add lightweight champ Michael Chandler to the line-up.
“The good news about this is, we’re going to have (Jackson and Ortiz) on Nov. 2 headlining a pay-per-view and if everything works out the way I’m hoping, you’re going to see Chandler on that same pay-per-view – and we’re going to give him an amazing platform,” Rebney said. “The buzz is, is he top three? Is he top two? Where does he fit into the equation? I know where he fits into the equation, but now you put him on a card with ‘Rampage,’ you put him on a card with Tito, suddenly you get people looking at him in a completely different light.”
Although no details regarding who Chandler might fight were disclosed, having him fight on the card should certainly help sales. In addition, Rebney said that the upcoming card could feature several title fights, and he also cited featherweight champ Pat Curran as a possibility. That would also be cool.
And as far as the price? Apparently Rebney said the PPV will cost between $35 and $45 dollars, but that the final price will be determined by your local cable and or satellite provider. It’s going to be fascinating to see the final product and how Bellator makes out.
Stay tuned to MMA Frenzy.com for all your Bellator news and coverage.