UFC Fight Night 27 has been dealt a late change as Sara McMann has been forced out of her upcoming bout with Sarah Kaufman due to personal issues. The UFC is currently searching for a fighter to replace the 2004 Olympic wrestling silver medalist on the FOX Sports 1 main card. MMAJunkie first reported the news earlier today.
McMann made her Octagon debut earlier this year at UFC 159, defeating Sheila Gaff in dominant fashion. Her bout with former Strikeforce bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman was expected to be a stern test for the former Olympic wrestler. The August bout will mark Kaufman’s debut with the promotion after a successful run in Strikeforce and a bout with Invicta FC.
UFC Fight Night 27 will take place in Indianapolis and see a rematch between welterweights Martin Kampmann and Carlos Condit headline the card. The main card lineup will feature six fights including an intriguing co-main event between lightweights Donald Cerrone and Rafael dos Anjos, as well as the welterweight debut of Kelvin Gastelum.
UFC Fight Night 27 Fight Card:
Main Card (FOX Sports 1 8PM ET)
- Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
- Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Brian Melancon
- Sarah Kaufman vs. TBA
- Court McGee vs. Robert Whittaker
- Robert McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 2 6PM ET)
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez
- Papy Abedi vs. Dylan Andrews
- Justin Edwards vs. Brandon Thatch
- Darren Elkins vs. Hatsu Hioki
Preliminary Card (Facebook 4:30PM ET)
- James Head vs. Jason High
- Ben Alloway vs. Zak Cummings
- Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo