An intriguing lightweight pairing pitting John Makdessi against Renee Forte is the latest addition to UFC 165. The bout will likely land on the evening’s preliminary lineup. UFC officials announced the pairing earlier today.
Makdessi heads into the pairing on the heels of solid victory over Daron Cruickshank at UFC 158. The Canadian fighter will look to make it three in a row when he takes on TUF: Brazil’s Renee Forte. Forte enters the bout coming off his first UFC victory, defeating Terry Etim at UFC on FUEL TV 7. Forte is likely in a must-win situation at 1-1 in the promotion.
UFC 165 will take place Septemeber 21 and will mark the fourth time the UFC has traveled to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The card is set to be headlined by a UFC light heavyweight title fight featuring champion Jon Jones taking on Alexander Gustafsson. An interim bantamweight title fight between champion Renan Barão and Eddie Wineland will co-headline the bout.
UFC 165 Fight Card:
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC Interim Bantamweight Title: Renan Barão (c) vs. Eddie Wineland
- Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
- Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
- Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi
- Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
- Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
- Mark Bocek vs. Michel Prazeres
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura