An important bantamweight tilt is reportedly headed to Brazil as T.J. Dillashaw is expected to meet Raphael Assunção at UFC Fight Night (aka UFC on FOX Sports 1 3). While not officially announced yet, the bout was first reported by Brazilian site Globo.
Both fighters come into the bout riding four-fight win streaks. Dillashaw has been particuarly impressive as of late after defeating his last three opponents via either submission or knockout. Assunção comes into the bout fresh off a UFC on FUEL TV 10 submission victory over Vaughn Lee.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 3 takes place September 4 in Belo Horizante, Brazil. A light heavyweight pairing between Glover Teixeira and Ryan Bader will headline the card. Co-headlining the bill will be a middleweight bout between Yushin Okami and Ronaldo “Jacaré” Souza. The card will take place at the Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 3 Fight Card:
- Glover Teixeira vs. Ryan Bader
- Ronaldo “Jacaré” Souza vs. Yushin Okami
- Joe Benavidez vs. Jussier “Formiga” da Silva
- Yuri Villefort vs. Sean Spencer
- Ali Bagautinov vs. Marcos Vinicius
- Godofredo Pepey vs. Sam Sicilia
- Johnny Bedford vs. Hugo Viana
- Tor Troéng vs. Rafael Natal
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assunção