An injury to Thiago Alves has forced a change to the UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 lineup. Stepping in for the Brazilian against Matt Brown will be veteran Mike Pyle. The new pairing was announced earlier today on twitter.
Pyle comes into the bout riding a four-fight win streak after netting a come-from-behind victory against Rick Story at UFC 160. Pyle will be looking to snap Brown’s five-fight win streak in what is sure to be a “Fight of the Night” contender in Boston. The bout will likely anchor the night’s preliminary card.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 will take place August 17 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Light heavyweights Chael Sonnen and Maurício “Shogun” Rua will face off in the main event. The card will also feature a bout between former Strikeforce champion Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 Fight Card:
- Chael Sonnen vs. Maurício “Shogun” Rua
- Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
- Yuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
- Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
- Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson
- Matt Brown vs. Mike Pyle
- Mike Brown vs. Steven Siler
- Uriah Hall vs. Josh Samman
- Conor McGregor vs. Andy Ogle
- Cole Miller vs. Manny Gamburyan