An injury to Nick Ring has forced a change to the UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 fight card. Stepping in for the injured Canadian will be Josh Samman against Uriah Hall, making the fight an all TUF 17 fight. The bout is expected to land on the evening’s preliminary card.
MMAJunkie first reported the change, which is expected to announced soon.
The pairing of Samman and Hall will be a matchup of the two fighters that were favored to win TUF 17, with the UFC even producing a commercial with the two fighter for an energy drink. Both fighters would fall to the show’s improbable dark horse, Kelvin Gastelum. Samman bounced back at the TUF 17 Finale, where he survived early trouble against Kevin Casey to put away the submission specialist.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 will take place August 17 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Light heavyweights Chael Sonnen and Maurício “Shogun” Rua will face off in the main event. The card will also feature a bout between former Strikeforce champion Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne.
UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 Fight Card:
- Chael Sonnen vs. Maurício “Shogun” Rua
- Travis Browne vs. Alistair Overeem
- Yuri Alcantara vs. Urijah Faber
- Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett
- Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson
- Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves
- Mike Brown vs. Akira Corassani
- Uriah Hall vs. Josh Samman
- Conor McGregor vs. Andy Ogle
- Cole Miller vs. Manny Gamburyan