UFC featherweight Ricardo Lamas has been removed from the UFC 162 lineup after the promotion was unable to find a replacement. The move was announced on Tuesday’s episode of UFC Tonight.
As previously reported, Lamas will still receive his show money for the July fight card. The featherweight contender will look to challenge the winner of UFC 163’s main event pitting featherweight champion José Aldo against Lamas’ original UFC 162 opponent, Chan Sung Jung.
With a spot open on the pay-per-view, a middleweight bout between Tim Boetsch and Mark Munoz will be bumped from the FX card to the UFC 162 PPV.
UFC 162 takes place July 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The card will be headlined by a UFC middleweight title fight as champion Anderson Silva takes on Chris Weidman. A featherweight bout between former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and Charles Oliveira will serve as the co-headliner.
UFC 162 Fight Card:
Main Card (Pay-per-view 10PM ET)
- UFC Middleweight Title Fight: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chris Weidman
- Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
- Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
- Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
- Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
Preliminary Card (FX 8PM ET)
- Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
- Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
- Edson Barboza vs. Rafaello Oliveira
- Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Dave Herman
Preliminary Card (Facebook 6:30PM ET)
- Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon
- David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce