The UFC has added a pair of flyweight bouts to UFC 163 as Ian McCall meets Iliarde Santos and John Lineker faces Phil Harris. UFC officials announced the pairing on Saturday.
Ian McCall has been a hard-luck loser in his first three UFC fights, dropping consecutive close bouts to Joseph Benavidez and eventual champion Demetrious Johnson after drawing with Johnson in his UFC debut. “Uncle Creepy” will be hunting for his first UFC victory when he faces Brazilian fighter Iliarde Santos in Rio. Santos was defeated in his UFC debut by Yuri Alcantara in a bantamweight bout.
In the second announced pairing, John Lineker will take on Phil Harris. Lineker has looked dominant since dropping his UFC debut to Louis Gaudinot at UFC on FOX 3. Lineker will be taking on Phil Harris, who is coming off his first UFC victory over Ulysses Gomez at UFC on FUEL TV 7.
UFC 163 takes place August 3 at the HSBC Arena in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. A UFC featherweight title fight between champion José Aldo and Anthony Pettis will headline the August fight card. Light heavyweights Lyoto Machida and Phil Davis will co-headline the August billing. A welterweight battle between Demian Maia and Josh Koschek will also feature on the card.
UFC 163 Fight Card:
- UFC Featherweight Title Fight: José Aldo (c) vs. Anthony Pettis
- Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis
- Demian Maia vs. Josh Koschek
- Vinny Magalhães vs. Anthony Perosh
- Tom Watson vs. Thales Leites
- Sergio Moraes vs. Neil Magny
- Clint Hester vs. Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira
- Robert Drysdale vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
- Amanda Nunes vs. Sheila Gaff
- Ian McCall vs. Iliarde Santos
- John Lineker vs. Phil Harris