One of the world’s best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners is UFC-bound today as Robert Drysdale signed with the promotion. Drysdale will debut opposite Ednaldo Oliveira at UFC 163. The Las Vegas Review Journal first reported the signing.
Drysdale is currently 6-0 since entering MMA in 2010. The high-profile trainer has won a ADCC Submission Wrestling Title and a World BJJ title. Drysdale defeated Bellator and WSOF veteran D.J. Linderman in his last outing at Legacy FC 19.
UFC 163 takes place August 3 at the HSBC Arena in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. A UFC featherweight title fight between champion José Aldo and Anthony Pettis will headline the August fight card. Light heavyweights Lyoto Machida and Phil Davis will co-headline the August billing. A welterweight battle between Demian Maia and Josh Koschek will also feature on the card.
UFC 163 Fight Card:
- UFC Featherweight Title Fight: José Aldo (c) vs. Anthony Pettis
- Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis
- Demian Maia vs. Josh Koschek
- Vinny Magalhães vs. Anthony Perosh
- Tom Watson vs. Thales Leites
- Sergio Moraes vs. Neil Magny
- Clint Hester vs. Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira
- Robert Drysdale vs. Ednaldo Oliveira