ONE FC returned to action with a stacked ONE FC 9 card earlier today in the Philippines. While the card was supposed to showcase the best Filipino MMA talent in front of their home crowd, it was a rough night for the home team as all three fighters lost.
In the evening’s main event, Koji Oishi would knockout hometown fighter Honorio Banario with a vicious barrage of punches in the second round. The victory crowns Oishi the ONE FC featherweight champion.
In the co-main event, Bibiano Fernandes dominated Koetsu Okazaki to pick up the interim bantamweight crown. In other bantamweight action, Maskatsu Ueda picked up the ONE FC Bantamweight Grand Prix championship in an absolute war with hometown fighter Kevin Belingon.
In the second fight of the night, UFC veteran Kamal Shalorus got back in the win column with a victory over Eduard Folayang. The victory by the Iranian began what was a tough night for the ONE FC’s trio of Filipino stars.
In other action, former UFC fighters Phil Baroni and Tim Sylvia had rough nights. Baroni would suffer a nasty ankle injury in his loss to Nobutatsu Suzuki after getting rocked by the Japanese fighter. Sylvia, who missed weight on Thursday, would see the doctor stop his fight after Tony Johnson opened up a nasty cut on the former UFC champ.
- ONE FC Featherweight Championship Fight: Koji Oishi def. Honorio Banario via KO at 1:27 of round 2
- ONE FC Interim Bantamweight Championship Fight: Bibiano Fernandes def. Koetsu Okazaki via unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Grand Prix Final: Masakatsu Ueda def. Kevin Belingon via unanimous decision
- Yasuhiro Urushitani def. Rey Docyogen via split decision
- Nobutatsu Suzuki def. Phil Baroni via KO at 4:17 of round 1
- Kamal Shalorus def. Eduard Folayang via unanimous decision
- Andrew Leone def. Geje Eustaquio via unanimous decision
- Yusup Saadulaev def. Ryan Diaz via submission (D’arce choke) at 2:57 of round 2
- Lowen Tynanes def. Felipe Enomoto via TKO (referee stoppage, strikes) at 2:41 of round 1
- Tony Johnson def. Tim Sylvia via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 3:25 of round 3