The UFC 160 weigh-ins took place earlier this evening at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The two main event fighters, UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and Antonio Silva, made weight for their UFC heavyweight title fight. The rest of the main card was also set without incident, as all fighters made weight easily with UFC president Dana White and boxing great Mike Tyson looking on.
The most intense stare-down of the evening belonged to FX preliminary fighters Khabib Nurmagomedov and Abel Trujillo. Trujillo leaned in close to and went head to head with Nurmagomedov, who was wearing his traditional Dagestani hat. The Dagestani fighter then shoved Trujillo and the two fighters were forced to be separated.
Adding to that scuffle is that Nurmagomedov missed weight by 2.5 pounds and is being forced to forfeit 10% of purse to NSAC and 10% of his purse to Trujillo. The Dagestani fighter will likely be fined additionally by the commission for his shove of Trujillo.
The only other fighter to miss weight was Facebook preliminary fighter Nah-Shon Burrell, who missed for his second fight in a row. Burrell received a stern warning from White, and will have an hour to make the 171-pound limit.
Main Card (PPV 10PM ET)
- UFC Heavyweight Title Fight: Cain Velasquez (240) vs. Antonio Silva (263)
- Junior dos Santos (239) vs. Mark Hunt (264)
- James Te Huna (206) vs. Glover Teixeira (205)
- T.J. Grant (155) vs. Gray Maynard (156)
- Donald Cerrone (155) vs. KJ Noons (156)
Preliminary Card (FX 8PM ET)
- Mike Pyle (170) vs. Rick Story (169)
- Dennis Bermudez (146) vs. Max Holloway (145)
- Colton Smith (170) vs. Robert Whittaker (171)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (158.5)* vs. Abel Trujillo (155)
Preliminary Card (Facebook 6:35PM ET)
- Nah-Shon Burrell (172)** vs. Stephen Thompson (170)
- Brian Bowles(135) vs. George Roop (135)
- Estevan Payan (145) vs. Jeremy Stephens (146)
*- Nurmagomedov, by rule, is unable to cut anymore weight and forfeits 20% of purse
**-Burrell made weight (171) following the weigh-in show