An injury to Amir Sadollah has forced a change to the UFC 160 fight card as Nah-Shon Burrell will step in to face Stephen Thompson in Las Vegas. The bout will likely be a part of the UFC 160 preliminary card. UFC officials announced the switch earlier today.
Strikeforce import Nah-Shon Burrell is coming off a strong UFC debut at UFC 157 against Yuri Villefort. Despite the strong performance, Burrell missed weight prior to the short notice fight and will need to avoid a repeat of that mistake this May. The win got Burrell back on track after suffering only his second professional loss to Chris Spang last May.
Burrell will face off with Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson at UFC 160. Thompson will be looking to get back on track after losing the first bout of his professional career to Matt Brown last April. Thompson was supposed to fight at UFC 154, but was scratched from the bout due to a knee injury.
UFC 160 takes place May 25 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight card will be headlined by a heavyweight title fight between champion Cain Velasquez and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. A bout between Junior dos Santos and Mark Hunt will co-headline the Memorial Day weekend card.
UFC 160 Fight Card:
- UFC Heavyweight Title Fight: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Antonio Silva
- Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt
- James Te Huna vs. Glover Teixeira
- T.J. Grant vs. Gray Maynard
- Donald Cerrone vs. KJ Noons
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Mike Pyle
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo
- Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Stephen Thompson
- Colton Smith vs. Robert Whittaker
- Estevan Payan vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Max Holloway
- George Roop vs. Brian Bowles