Satoru Kitaoka upset highly regarded lightweight Takanori Gomi in the main event of Sengoku 7 on Sunday at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, submitting Gomi with a heel hook at the 1:41 mark of the opening round to claim the first-ever Sengoku lightweight belt.
UFC veteran Jorge Santiago claimed the promotion’s middleweight title with a fifth-round technical submission of Kazuo Misaki in the evening’s co-headliner.
Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal remained undefeated at Sengoku 7, picking up a first-round technical knockout over Yukiya Naito. Former EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio Silva also scored a victory at the event, defeating Yoshihiro Nakao via first-round TKO due to a knee injury.
Former EliteXC heavyweight prospect Dave Herman suffered the first loss of his 14-fight, losing via second-round TKO due to strikes to Mu Bae Choi.
SENGOKU 7 RESULTS
- Satoru Kitaoka def. Takanori Gomi via submission (heel hook) — Round 1, 1:41
Sengoku Lightweight Championship
- Jorge Santiago def. Kazuo Misaki via technical submission (rear naked choke) — Round 5, 3:26
Sengoku Middleweight Championship
- Sanae Kikuta def. Hidehiko Yoshida via split decision
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal def. Yukiya Naito via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 3:54
- Antonio Silva def. Yoshihiro Nakao via TKO (knee injury) — Round 1, 1:42
- Eiji Mitsuoka def. Sergey Golyaev via technical submission (arm bar) — Round 1, 4:22
- Mu Bae Choi def. Dave Herman via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 2:22
- Maximo Blanco def. Seigo Inoue via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 0:38
- Hidetada Irie def. Minoru Kato via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 4:21