Underdog Efrain Escudero topped highly touted Phillipe Nover via unanimous decision in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter 8 “Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir” Finale to win the season’s lightweight tournament.
The event took place on Saturday, December 13th, at The Pearl at The Palms in Las Vegas and aired live on Spike TV.
In the evening’s co-main event, standout wrestler Ryan Bader needed just two-minutes and 18-seconds to knockout jiu jitsu ace Vinicius Magalhaes to claim The Ultimate Fighter 8 light heavyweight title.
In other main card action, Anthony Johnson avenged his controversial July loss with a third-round highlight reel head kick knockout of Kevin Burns, Wilson Gouveia capitalized on Jason MacDonald’s agressiveness to score a first-round TKO with a series of vicious elbows, and TUF 8 bad boy Junie Brown successfully made his UFC debut with a second-round armbar of Dave Kaplan.
The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale Results
- Efrain Escudero def. Phillipe Nover via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
TUF 8 Lightweight Finals
- Ryan Bader def. Vinicius Magalhaes via KO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:18
TUF 8 Light Heavyweight Finals
- Anthony Johnson def. Kevin Burns via KO (head kick) — Round 3, 0:28
- Wilson Gouveia def. Jason MacDonald via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 2:18
- Junie Browning def. Dave Kaplan via submission (armbar) — Round 2, 1:32
- Krzysztof Soszynski def. Shane Primm via submission (kimura) — Round 2, 3:27
- Eliot Marshall def. Jules Bruchez via submission (rear naked choke) — Round 1, 1:27
- Tom Lawlor def. Kyle Kingsbury via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Shane Nelson def. George Roop via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Rolando Delgado def. John Polakowski via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 2, 2:18