Fighters tipped the scales moments ago in Las Vegas to weigh in for the matchups tomorrow night at The Ultimate Fighter 8 “Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir” Finale, which takes place at The Pearl at the Palms and airs live on Spike TV.
Middleweight Wilson Gouveia failed to make weight for his scheduled middleweight contest against Jason MacDonald, weighing in at 189 pounds, three pounds over the 186 pound middleweight limit.
Lightweight finalists Phillipe Nover (156) and Efrain Escudero (156) and light heavyweight finalists Ryan Bader (205) and Vinicius Magalhaes (205) all successfully made weight for their co-headlining bouts. The remainder of the ten-fight card also successfully made weight.
MMAFrenzy.com will have live coverage of The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale tomorrow beginning at 7pm ET.
- 155: Phillipe Nover (156) vs. Efrain Escudero (156)
TUF 8 Lightweight Final
- 205: Ryan Bader (205) vs. Vinicius Magalhaes (205)
TUF 8 Light Heavyweight Final
- 171: Kevin Burns (171) vs. Anthony Johnson (171)
- 185: Jason MacDonald (184) vs. Wilson Gouveia (189)*
- 156: Junie Browning (156) vs. Dave Kaplan (156)
- 205: Krzysztof Soszynski (205) vs. Shane Primm (202)
- 205: Eliot Marshall (203) vs. Jules Bruchez (205)
- 205: Kyle Kingsbury (205) vs. Tom Lawlor (204)
- 155: Shane Nelson (156) vs. George Roop (153)
- 155: Rolando Delgado (155) vs. John Polakowski (152)
* “Gouveia did not make weight and for safety reasons, the Nevada State Athletic Commission won’t allow him to make a second weight cutting attempt. The bout will go on at a catch weight of 189 pounds, and Gouveia will forfeit 20% of his purse to MacDonald.”