- Former WEC lightweight champion Rob McCullough will take on Marcus Hicks at WEC 38.
- Rich Clementi and Gleison Tibau will square off in February.
- The Ultimate Fighter 8 cast member Karn Grigoryan, who was forced off the show early in the season due to an injury, was victorious on Saturday, defeating previously-undefeated Daniel Rial via knockout in Connecticut.
- UFC veteran Drew Fickett earned another win over the weekend, improving his record to 38-6 with a first-round submission of Jason MacKay at a Phoenix Fight Promotions event in Canada. Also on the card, former kickboxing champion Rick Roufus was defeated by Ryan Jimmo via first-round TKO.
- A rumored catchweight bout between Matt Lindland and Renato “Babalu” Sobral scheduled for January at Affliction: Day of Reckoning has been called off and Lindland will instead face Vitor Belfort in a middleweight bout.
- Ranked lightweights Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki are likely to meet at K-1 DYNAMITE!! 2008 on New Year’s Eve in Japan.
- World Extreme Cagefighting this week formally announced WEC 38, which takes place on January 25th in San Diego, California and features WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner vs. Donald Cerrone and Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver 2.
- Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia is likely to fight in Japan for K-1/DREAM on December 31st or Sengoku on January 4th after a fight against UFC hall of famer Ken Shamrock was delayed.
- Lightweight Jorge Masvidal is the latest fighter to sign with ESPN Deportes-broadcast Bellator Fighting Championships.
- UFC lightweight Thiago Tavares has returned to American Top Team.
- Female MMA star Gina Carano has been named by Yahoo as the fifth most influential woman in 2008.
- Kurt Pellegrino vs. Rob Emerson has been added to the rumored lineup for UFC Fight Night 17.
- UFC.com has a list of Wanderlei Silva’s “Seven Defining Moments”.
- Enter to win a training session with former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber.
The first episode of the BJPenn.com Show:
Strikeforce’s Top 10 Knockouts: