- After a bout against Jose Aldo fell through, former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber will instead rematch Jens Pulver at WEC 38 on January 25th in San Diego.
- Former heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum has finally acknowledged his release from the UFC and has his sights set on fighting for Affliction.
News and Notes
- Ranked lightweight Eddie Alvarez will return to action on January 23rd at Extreme Challenge in Atlantic City, NJ against an opponent to-be-announced. Alvarez has also signed with upstart MMA promotion Bellator Fighting Championships, which has a television deal with ESPN Deportes.
- New CSAC assistant executive officer Bill Douglas has temporarily cancelled all drug testing at California MMA events, including Strikeforce: Destruction last Friday in San Jose, while the process is “revamped”.
- Newly crowned WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown’s first title defense is likely to come against Leonard Garcia once Brown recovers from torn cartilage in his ribs suffered in his first-round TKO of former title-holder Urijah Faber earlier this month..
- ProElite is blocking EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields from becoming a free agent.
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua training for UFC 93 fight against Mark Coleman:
Bid on a UFC VIP Experience:
A fight breaks out at UFC 91 and the cops intervene: