- Spike TV is reportedly close to signing a deal with the UFC for extended broadcast rights with the UFC. Te deal includes more events for the cable network than it has previously shown as well as for additional seasons of The Ultimate Fighter reality show.
- UFC internet searches are down significantly following UFC 71 according to Yahoo!. We really needed a report to tell us this? UFC 71 was simply HUGE while UFC 72 and UFC 73 were relatively small in comparison. You can read the full report here.
- Jason Lambert will return to action at UFC 76 to take on Wilson Gouveia.
- Luke Cummo has announced on his website that he will be fighting at UFC Fight Night 11 against a yet-to-be-named opponent.
- Kenny Florian’s next UFC fight will likely be this November at UFC 78 in New Jersey.
- Wanderlei Silva has responded to comments that he ducked Chuck Liddell saying the UFC offered him the fight for September and November and he agreed to a November bout. So you’re telling me the UFC pulled the plug on the most hyped match in MMA history? Seems unlikely.
- Chuck Liddell will face Keith Jardine in the main event of UFC 76. Chuck Liddell recently stated he could potentially fight in both September and November meaning if Liddell wins his match against Jardine or is not seriously injured his match against Wanderlei could still happen in November.
- The UFC is planning on holding an event in Hawaii next year at Aloha Stadium. It will be the UFC’s first outdoor event. Both B.J. Penn and Kendall Grove are rumored to be fighting at the event.
UFC UFC 205: Rashad Evans Says Having “to Earn my Way” Through New Division Has Motivated Former 205 Champ