All of the fighters made weight tonight in Sacramento ahead of their fights tomorrow at UFC 73: Stacked. The weigh-ins commenced at a little after 7:00 on ESPNEWS and featured all of the main card fighters in a similar fashion to the weigh-ins for UFC 71back in May.
Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz had an intense stare down as expected with a bit of smack talk going on as well. There was little excitement delivered from the fighters although the fans seemed into it especially for the Tito-Rashad weigh-in and they also gave Nogueira a warm welcome to the UFC. The only minor glitch was when the screen aired for the Silva-Franca fight only to be cut off by commercials. The broadcast returned after they aired and the fighters in both of the title fights weighed-in.
Following the actual weigh-ins Joe Rogan did a good interview going over the basics of most of the main event fighters. Overall it was a pretty good broadcast giving the UFC some main stream coverage for an event that has really lacked even a fraction of the coverage that UFC 71 received. While it’s hard to compare and contrast the two I think this event should really have a bigger buzz than it does.
- Champion Anderson Silva (184.5) vs. Nate Marquardt (182.5)Â – Middleweight Championship Bout
- Champion Sean Sherk (154.5) vs. Hermes Franca (154.5)Â – Lightweight Championship Bout
- Rashad Evans (204) vs. Tito Ortiz (205.5)
- Heath Herring (259) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (240.5)
- Alvin Robinson (156) vs. Kenny Florian (155.5)
- Mike Nickels (205.5) vs. Stephan Bonnar (204.5)
- Diego Saraiva (155) vs. Jorge Gurgel (155.5)
- Jason Gilliam (171) vs. Chris Lytle (169.5)
- Mark Bocek (154.5) vs. Frank Edgar (154.5)
Reminder – MMAFrenzy.com will have live results for UFC 73 tomorrow starting just before 8 pm ET. Feel free to stop by for the results and leave your thoughts on the event.