American Fight League has announced that several of it’s top fighters, female fighters Tara LaRosa and Roxanne Modafferi and featherweight Raphael Assuncao, will be in action at Ironheart Crown’s November 8th event, dubbed “Ironheart Crown XII: Resurrection”, at the UIC Pavillion in Chicago, Illinois.
LaRosa (14-1) will rematch with Modafferi (12-4) on the November card. LaRosa defeated Modafferi via decision in their first meeting in 2006. Since then, LaRosa has won seven-straight, including wins over Julie Kedzie, Shayna Baszler, and Kelly Kobald, while Modafferi has won six of her last seven fights including winning the K-GRACE openweight tournament.
The key women’s matchup was originally slated for the AFL’s November PPV debut event which was recently pushed back.
Assuncao (11-1), a submission specialist, will take on Joe Pearson (30-11-1) at the Chicago event. Assuncao has won three straight bouts following his first career loss to Jeff Curran in late-2006. He holds notable victories over Joe Lauzon and Jorge Masvidal. Pearson, who trains out of Miletich Martial Arts, is also a submission specialist who had won four-straight before being knocked out by Bill Kamery earlier this month.
The full card for the Ironheart Crown XII features:
- Gideon Ray vs. Juan Magana
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Joe Pearson
- Tara LaRosa vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Tommy Lee vs. Charles Wilson
- Matt Fiordirosa vs. Rob Menigoz
- Achour Esho vs. Josh Lee
- Brad Fonck vs. Nick Janowitz
- Louis Taylor vs. Adriel Villa
- Mustafa Hussaini vs. Antonio Canas
- Jeff Serafin vs. Chris Albandia
- Ricardo Lamas vs. Christopher Martins
- Derek Langone vs. Tony Marti
- Joey Benoit vs. Keith Smetana