- Following his UFC 71 loss last weekend rumors had surfaced that he had been spotted in numerous night clubs in the nights leading up to the fight leading some to say he wasn’t taking the fight seriously. This week Liddell responded to critics saying that it was nothing he hadn’t done before other fights. The former champion also stated he was simply hanging out with friends, something he has done since fighting in Vegas.
- The UFC has sued former game publishing partner Take Two for continue their promotion of older UFC games after their right to market the game had apparently expired. The confusing lawsuit revolves around the sale of the UFC in 2001 and gaming rights that have passed between numerous publishers. Apparently Take Two was to stop manufacturing and selling the game by September 2005. That reportedly didn’t happen and Zuffa has taken the issue to court. There is even more to this case but without boring you I’ll pass along more on the suit at a later time.
- In a recent interview Mauricio “Shogun” Rua confirmed his title aspirations stating he wanted to come to the UFC to win the belt.
- Zuffa owned WEC will make its television debut tonight on Versus at 9pm eastern. The main event is a featherweight championship match between current championUrijah Faber and challenger Chance Farrar.
- “The Crow” David Loiseau has stated he has been in touch with Dana White and is hoping to make a UFC comeback.
- The Pride Lightweight GP has been cancelled sparking rumors that there will be no further MMA shows promoted under the banner.
- New light heavyweight champion “Rampage” Jackson will not be fighting in Canada anytime soon reportedly being banned from the country due to an incident with a “racist” border agent.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, Chris Leben is still under contract with the UFC. He has failed to impress going 1-3 in his last 4 fights in the UFC but he has not fought his last fight in the octagon.
- Frank Mir has reportedly been dropped from his UFC 74 match with Tim Sylvia due to the NSAC feeling he isn’t capable of fighting someone of Sylvia’s caliber. Mir may still be on the card but against a lesser opponent than Sylvia.
- Yet another Pride fighter has signed with the UFC. Marcus “Maximus” Aurelio has reportedly signed a 4 fight deal with the UFC.
UFC UFC 205: Kelvin Gastelum Wants to Make “Statement”, Lock-up Title Shot With Win Over Donald Cerrone