An injury to Francisco Rivera has forced yet another change to UFC on Fox 7. T.J. Dillashaw becomes the third fighter from UFC 158 to step up on short notice as he now faces Hugo Viana in San Jose this April. UFC officials announced the change earlier today.
Dillashaw has won three straight fights since dropping The Ultimate Fighter 14 final to John Dodson. Dillashaw defeated Isse Tamura at UFC 158 via TKO. His opponent, Hugo Viana, has yet to taste defeat in his professional career. The Brazilian last defeated Reuben Duran at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale.
The bout will join what will be a stacked UFC on Fox 7 fight card in San Jose, California. The main event for the card will have lightweight champion Benson Henderson putting his title on the line against final Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez. The card will be co-headlined by a heavyweight battle between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir. The card will take place April 20 at the HP Pavilion.
- UFC Lightweight Championship: Benson Henderson (c) vs. Gilbert Melendez
- Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
- Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
- Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein
- Darren Elkins vs. Chad Mendes
- Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
- Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Francis Carmont vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Joe Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Hugo Viana