An injury to Dan Hardy has forced a change to UFC on Fox 7. Canadian fighter Jordan Mein will step up on short notice against the always tough Matt Brown. UFC officials announced the change earlier this morning.
Mein is fresh off an impressive UFC debut against Dan Miller. The Strikeforce import survived an early armbar assault to put away the veteran for the first time in his career. Mein will now face the always dangerous Matt Brown.
The Ohio native is currently riding a five-fight win streak into UFC on Fox 7. The intense fighter will test the young Canadian no matter where the fight goes.
The bout will join what will be a stacked UFC on Fox 7 fight card in San Jose, California. The main event for the card will have lightweight champion Benson Henderson putting his title on the line against final Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez. The card will be co-headlined by a heavyweight battle between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir. The card will take place April 20 at the HP Pavilion.
- UFC Lightweight Championship: Benson Henderson (c) vs. Gilbert Melendez
- Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
- Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
- Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein
- Darren Elkins vs. Chad Mendes
- Roger Bowling vs. Anthony Njokuani
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Tim Means
- Myles Jury vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Francis Carmont vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Clifford Starks vs. Yoel Romero
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Joe Benavidez vs. Darren Uyenoyama
photo courtesy of UFC.com