An injury has forced a change to Invicta’s upcoming Invicta FC 5 fight card as Lauren Taylor will replace Amanda Nunes. Taylor will take on Kaitlin Young on the April 5 fight card. Invicta officials confirmed the switch to MMAFrenzy earlier today.
Nunes, a Strikeforce veteran, was knocked off the card with a sprained elbow.
Lauren Taylor is an explosive prospect, coming to the promotion with a 5-0 record. The Alaska native has yet to see a third round in her MMA career, dismantling Jennifer Scott at Legacy FC 18.
The fiftteen-fight Invicta FC 5 bill features two title fights on what will likely be an online PPV. The card will be headlined by Invicta atomweight champion Jessica Penne defending her title against “The Karate Hottie” Michelle Waterson. The card will take place at Ameristar Casino Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri.
Invicta FC 5 Fight Card:
- Invicta FC Atomweight Championship: Jessica Penne (c) vs. Michelle Waterson
- Inaugural Invicta FC Flyweight Championship: Barb Honchak vs. Vanessa Porto
- Ediane Gomes vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos
- Zoila Frausto Gurgel vs. Jennifer Maia
- Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
- Lauren Taylor vs. Kaitlin Young
- Julia Budd vs. Fiona Muxlow
- Simona Soukupova vs. Cassie Rodish
- Bec Hyatt vs. Jasminka Cive
- Katja Kankaanpaa vs. Juliana Carnerio Lima
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Miriam Nakamoto
- Alex Chambers vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Rose Namajunas vs. Kathina Catron
- Mollie Estes vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Lauren Barefoot vs. River Jones