UFC welterweight John Maguire is dropping to lightweight for his next bout at UFC 161. The Englishman will face off with Mitch Clarke in Winnepeg. The Canadian Press announced the pairing earlier today.
Maguire is dropping to lightweight after consecutive losses to Matt Riddle and John Hathaway. The losses brought an end to seven-fight win-streak for the fighter.
Canada’s Mitch Clarke saw his perfect record record end after coming to the UFC. Clarke has not been in action since UFC 149, where he lost to Anton Kuivanen.
The bout will likely signal the end of the losing fighter’s UFC career.
UFC 161 takes place June 15 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The fight card will be headlined by the interim bantamweight title fight between champion Renan Baráo and Eddie Wineland. The card will be co-headlined by a pair of light heavyweight battles pitting Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua 2.
UFC 161 Fight Card:
- UFC Interim Bantamweight Title Fight: Renan Baráo vs. Eddie Wineland
- Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Jake Shields vs. Tyrone Woodley
- Stipe Miocic vs. Soa Palelei
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
- John Maguire vs. Mitch Clarke