2004 Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann is set to make her Octagon debut against Sheila Gaff at UFC 159. It is uncertain where the bout will land on the card, but the bout will be the third women’s bantamweight fight in the UFC. German MMA site groundandpound.de first reported the matchup.
Former Olympic wrestler Sara McMann comes to the UFC with a perfect 6-0 record in MMA. The highly decorated wrestler will look to stay perfect as she takes on German knockout artist Sheila Gaff in her debut.
Gaff has won three straight fights by either TKO or KO, two of which happened in ten seconds or less. “The German Tank” has spent most of her career at flyweight, but will move up to bantamweight for the UFC.
UFC 159 is set for the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The card will be headlined by a matchup of The Ultimate Fighter 17 coaches, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen. The card will take place April 27 and tickets went on sale last week.
UFC 159 Fight Card
- UFC Light Heavyweight Title Fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Chael Sonnen
- Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
- Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy
- Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
- Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
- James Head vs. Nick Catone
- Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Proctor
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Ovince St-Preux vs. Gian Villante
- Sara McMann vs. Sheila Gaff