Duluth, GA - The vacant Bellator middleweight title was handed out tonight in Duluth, Georgia. Russian export Alexander “Storm” Shlemenko delivered a strong performance on a fittingly stormy night in the Peach State, securing the middleweight crown with a TKO victory over Maiquel Falcao.
The Russian fighter was at his best tonight against the former UFC fighter. Shlemenko and Falcao battled back and forth in hard hitting opening frame that saw the Russian holding an edge over the Brazilian. “Storm” would seize control in the second round with a punch that stunned Falcao to the mat and sent the crowd into a frenzy. The Brazilian fighter would try to recover, but his body gave out after a massive body shot from Shlemenko landed flush.
The win improved the Alexander Shlemenko’s career mark to 47-7 and marked his tenth win in a row since dropping a decision loss to former champion Hector Lombard in 2010.
Main Card (Spike TV 10PM ET)
- Bellator Middleweight Title Fight (vacant): Alexander Shlemenko def. Maiquel Falcao via TKO at 2:18 of Round 2
- Featherweight Quarterfinal: Marlon Sandro def. Akop Stepanyan via majority decision (28-28,29-28,29-28)
- Featherweight Quarterfinal: Mike Richman def. Mitch Jackson via TKO (strikes) at 4:57 of Round 1
- Featherweight Quarterfinal: Alexandre Bezerra def. Genair da Silva at 1:40 of Round 1
Preliminary Card (Spike.com 8PM ET)
- Featherweight Quarterfinal: Magomedrasul Khasbulaev def. Fabricio Guerreiro via submission (arm-triangle) at 1:15 of Round 2
- Joe Elmore def Jerrid Burke via knockout (punch) at 4:11 of Round 2
- Ronnie Rogers def. Shane Crenshaw via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
- Clay Harvison def. Ururahy Rodrigues via TKO (punch) at 3:34 of Round 3
- George Hickman def. Stephen Upchurch via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:19 of Round 1