UFC President Dana White sat down with members of various media outlets in Chicago’s United Center after UFC on Fox 6 to discuss some of the evening’s happenings as well as some the other things going on in the world of the eight-sided cage.
- White on Quinton Jackson’s UFC departure: “We treated Rampage well, he made his money, and we put him on the biggest platform possible. We’ve treated him the way we’ve always treated him.”
- A faulty fiberoptic cable was responsible for the audio difficulties at the start of the Fox feed.
- White had no idea that Alvarez would not be allowed to compete at UFC 159. “The judge hasn’t done his homework if he is agreeing that Spike TV and Fox are the same platforms. … If (Bellator) are going to keep Eddie, pay him what the UFC would have. … There’s nothing wrong as long as Eddie gets paid.”
- “We’re making it up to the Strikeforce fighters for the [expletive] year they had.”
- “I’ve got a good feeling that Josh (Barnett) will be in the UFC. We’ve cleared the air.”
- Chris Weidman is begging for Anderson Silva. The UFC Middleweight Champion and Ed Soares always want something other than what the UFC has in mind. “The Spider’s” next bout will be a title defense, White is waiting to see if something pans out.
- The promotion is working on a fight for Nate Diaz that is not Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- The UFC President knows exactly how the FX changes will affect the UFC, has known for the past year, but he has faith in the Fox team.
- The promotion’s trip to Mexico to “find some 115 lb. fighters” went very well.
- There’s something in the works for Russia, possibly this year. The organization’s entrance would be with a live event, not TUF.
- The meeting with Brock Lesnar at UFC 146, that allegedly went terribly, actually went extremely well. Brock agreed to return to the promotion for a fight with Fedor, who the UFC was close to signing him, sans M-1 Global. Fedor retired, Brock had no interest in anything else.
- “It doesn’t seem like Cyborg has any interest in Ronda.”
- The UFC will be doing a roundtable to unveil their female roster sometime after UFC 156