MMAFrenzy’s coverage of UFC on FX 7 continues with our preliminary card recap of the FUEL TV fight cards. Fighters Godofredo “Pepey” Castro, Ronny Markes, and Nik Lentz all notched victories on the preliminary card.
Be sure to stay tuned to MMAFrenzy for complete coverage of tonight’s action including recap, play-by-play, and more.
Godofredo Castro vs. Milton Vieira
Godofredo “Pepey” Castro and Milton Vieira closed out the UFC on FX 7 preliminary card with a great back-and-forth battle that was largely decided on the ground. Vieira would control most of the fight when it hit the ground but it was only enough to win over one of the three judges. “Pepey” was awarded the the split decision to a chorus of boos in the third but it improves him to 9-1 in MMA.
Markes Smothers Craig
Ronny Markes wrestling attack proved too much for two rounds of his fight with Andrew Craig. Craig would nearly rebound to steal the bout in the third round after Markes slipped after a punch by Craig. Markes would recover however, and would manage to hold on to take the decision victory.
Lentz Dominates Nunes
Nik Lentz controlled his fight with Diego Nunes from start to finish. Nunes came in with considerable momentum before the fight but Lentz was unaffected. Lentz used dominating wrestling and ground-and-pound to cruise to a unanimous decision victory over the Brazilian fighter. Lentz is now 2-0 since dropping to the featherweight division and will likely receive a noticeable bump in competition for his next fight.
Preliminary Card (FUEL TV 6PM ET)
- Godofredo “Pepey” Castro def. Milton Vieira via split decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
- Ronny Markes def. Andrew Craig via split decision (29-28,29-28,29-28,)
- Nik Lentz def. Diego Nunes via unanimous decision (30-28,30-27,30-26)
- Edson Barboza def. Lucas Martins via submission (strikes) at 2:38
- Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre ruled a no contest (accidental foul) Round 1
- Ildemar Alcantara def. Wagner Prado via submission (kneebar) at 2:39 of Round 2
Preliminary Card (Facebook 5:35PM ET)
- Francisco Trinaldo def. CJ Keith via submission (arm triangle choke) at 1:50 of Round 2