- During a recent media confrence call EliteXC confirmed that popular but controversial heavyweight Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson will return to the cage in the fall, most likely in September or October on a CBS televised card, but his opponent for the bout has not yet been determined.
- “The Ultimate Fighter 4″ runner-up Chris Lytle has signed a four-fight contract extension with the UFC and has agreed to take on Paul Taylor at UFC 89 on October 18th in Birmingham, England. [MMAJunkie]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. was awarded the “Best Fighter” ESPY earlier this week, topping UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre for the award.
- Alistair Overeem will take on Mark Hunt at DREAM 5 on July 21st in Osaka, Japan. [The Fight Network]
- Norifumi â€œKidâ€ Yamamoto has withdrawn from his scheduled DREAM 5 bout against Joseph Benavidez after suffering a torn ACL during a recent training session.
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has announced that he will be fighting on September 23rd at DREAM 6. An opponent for the bout hasn’t yet been determined.
- Though the event is still three months away, less than 2,500 tickets remain available for UFC 89 on October 18th at the NIA in Birmingham, England. Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben and Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva will headline the fall event. [Telegraph]
- UFC 90 will take place on October 25th at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois. No bouts have been announced for the event, which will air on pay-per-view. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- UFC middleweight contender Yushin Okami, who was expected to be the next opponent for Anderson Silva, has suffered a broken hand and his matchup with Silva has been postponed. The UFC is now expected to book contender Patrick Cote against Silva in the fall, possibly at UFC 90 in Chicago. [MMA Rated]