The UFC has added a middleweight tilt for their return trip to Japan as hometown fighter Yushin Okami and Hector Lombard are set to meet. The bout will take place on the FUEL TV main card. The UFC announced the pairing late Monday night.
Okami will be looking to make this return home a little bit better this time after being knocked out by Tim Boetsch at UFC 144 last year. Okami put together a two-fight win-streak following the loss last March, most recently crushing Alan Belcher at UFC 155.
Former Bellator champion Hector Lombard recently bounced back from an unsuccessful UFC debut at UFC 149, to the aforementioned Boetsch, to destroy Rousimar Palhares at UFC on FX 6. The Cuban-born product will look to make two in a row in the promotion as he takes on Okami.
The UFC’s return to Japan will be headlined by a pair of hard-hitters who are very familiar with the country as Brian Stann meets Wanderlei Silva. While both fighters have been fighting at middleweight, both will return to light heavyweight for the bout. The UFC confirmed the pairing Wednesday evening.
Current Fight Card:
- Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
- Mark Hunt vs. Stefan Struve
- Hector Lombard vs. Yushin Okami
- Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Mizuto Hirota vs. Rani Yahya
- Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
- Bryan Caraway vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
- Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim