UFC 155 rolls along with the FX Preliminary card. The last of the preliminary card featured a solid display of MMA’s emerging talents and hungry veterans. Fighters Eddie Wineland, Erik Perez, Jamie Varner, and Myles Jury all impressed with victories in their respective battles in Las Vegas.
Be sure to stay tuned for full coverage of tonight’s UFC 155 fight card.
Wineland Edges Pickett
Brad Pickett and Eddie Wineland resembled a boxing match for much of their three round battle. In the end, Wineland’s accurate strikes and constant movement seemed to outweigh Pickett’s looping power shots. Wineland has now won two straight after dropping his first two fights in the UFC.
Hungry Perez Rolls Over Bloodworth
Erik Perez lived up to the hype tonight as he crushed Byron Bloodworth. The Mexican fighter dropped Bloodworth with a brutal knee to the body and then went to work with strikes before the referee was forced to step in. The win marks Perez’s third straight victory since coming to the UFC.
Varner Takes Down Guillard
They had to wait a bit longer than expected but former WEC champion Jamie Varner was certainly prepared for his bout with Melvin Guillard. Varner kept the pressure on Guillard for the better part of three rounds. While “The Young Assassin” had his moments, it was not enough to get the win over Varner. Varner improves to 2-1 since joining the UFC, while Guillard drops to 1-4 in his last five bouts.
Jury Dominates Johnson
In a bit of surprise, TUF:Live’s Myles Jury stayed perfect and dominated opponent Michael Johnson. Johnson was unable to get any offense going and struggled to contain the ground game of Jury. Eventually, the pressure was simply too much for Johnson as he seemed resigned to defeat towards the end of the third round before trying a guillotine before the final bell.
FX Card Results
- Eddie Wineland def. Brad Pickett via split decision (30-27,28-29,30-27)
- Erik Perez def. Byron Bloodworth via TKO (Punches) at 3:50 of Round 1
- Jamie Varner def. Melvin Guillard via split decision (30-27, 27-30, 30-27)
- Myles Jury def. Michael Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27,30-27,30-27)
Facebook Card Results
- Todd Duffee def. Phil DeFries via TKO at 2:04 of Round 1
- Max Hollowaydef. via Leonard Garcia split decision (29-28,28-29,29-28)
- John Moraga def. Chris Cariaso via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:11 of Round 3