The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale preliminary action continued on FUEL TV with a four-fight fight card. In the undercard’s headliner, Mike Pyle defeated James Head with a well timed knee that ended the fight in a flash. MMAFrenzy will have full coverage of tonight’s action throughout the evening including results, recaps, and more.
Pyle TKOs Head in Firefight
Mike Pyle and James Head engaged in a slugfest in final preliminary bout of the evening. Pyle survived a barrage of strikes from Head to lock up a Thai clinch and deliver a devastating knee that felled the Illinois-native. The win marks Pyle’s third victory in a row.
Bedford Destroys Vinicius
TUF 14’s Johny Bedford absolutely crushed TUF: Brazil’s Marcos Vinicius tonight in Vegas. Bedford battered Vinicius from start to finish. In the second round, the Brazilian delayed the bout with an illegal kick to the groin that only made Bedford more determined to put away his foe. Bedford floored his opponent and then landed a body kick and follow up strikes that brought an end to the bout.
Khabilov Suplexes Pichel to Victory
Rustam Khabilov made an emphatic UFC debut by suplexing TUF: Live’s Vic Pichel and finishing him with strikes. The Dagestani fighter, and Combat SAMBO world champion, took clear control of the fight from the start. Khabilov becomes the latest Russian fighter to make the move to Jackson’s MMA and find success in MMA.
Waldburger Puts Catone to Sleep
T.J. Waldberger improved to 4-2 in the Octagon with a win over Nick Catone. Catone appeared to take the first round and had the momentum going his way before being rocked by Waldberger early in the round. The New Jersey-native scrambled to recover but ended up being caught in a triangle choke. Catone would try to fight out but eventually went to sleep in the Octagon.
Preliminary Card (FUEL TV)
- Mike Pyle def. James Head by TKO at 1:55 of Round 1
- Johnny Bedford def. Marcos Viniciusvia via KO at 1:00 of Round 2
- Rustam Khabilov def. Vinc Pichel via knockout (suplex and punches) 2:15 of Round 1
- TJ Waldburger def. Nick Catone via submission (triangle choke) at 1:04 of Round 2
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
- Hugo Viana def. Reuben Duran via TKO at 4:05 of Round 1
- Mike Rio def. John Cofer via submission (armbar) at 4:11 of Round 3
- Tim Elliott def. Jared Papazian via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-26)