The XFC returned to action as XFC 21 kicked off Friday night in Nashville, Tennessee. In the AXS.tv-aired main event, Nick Newell absolutely destroyed a very game Eric Reynolds in the first round. In the co-headlining bouts, UFC and Bellator veteran Ryan Thomas defeated TUF veteran Corey Hill and Stephanie Eggnik pulled off an impressive upset of Heather Jo Clark.
If you have not seen Nick Newell fight, now is the time to start paying attention. Newell proved he is ready for the big leagues tonight by dominating a tough opponent in Bellator veteran Eric Reynolds. Newell came out strong and secured a devastating suplex and quickly transitioned to the rear-naked choke to close out the fight.
The win improves the fighter, who is missing part of left arm below the elbow, to 9-0. While it remains to be seen where he ends up, Newell is likely to attract the attention of the larger MMA promotions.
XFC 21 Results:
- Nick Newell def. Eric Reynolds via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:22 of Round 1
- Ryan Thomas def. Corey Hill via submission (armbar) at 2:34 of Round 1
- Stephanie Eggink def. Heather Clark via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marcus Finch def. Dustin West via KO at 0:43 of Round 1
- Rick Rainey def. Donny Wallace via TKO (strikes) at 1:43 of Round 1
- Jarrod Card def. Keith Richardson via submission (guillotine) at 0:24 of Round 2
- Gerric Hayes def. Jason Blackford via TKO (strikes) Rd 2
- Jorge Medina def. DJ Miller via submission (rear naked choke) Round 3
- Thomas Roberts Jr. def. Joshua Phelps via TKO (strikes) Round 1
- Cromwell Stewart def. Zachary Hicks via split decision