It was not a good night for ONE FC lightweight star Eduard Folayang, as the Filipino was upset by Lowen Tynanes in front of his home crowd in Manila. In only his second MMA bout, the Hawaiian was able to use his wrestling to take away the Sanshou practitioner’s striking advantage. “Landslide” attempted to scramble on various occasions, but was unable to get to his feet. It was a monstrous elbow from Tynanes that would be his undoing. As the first round ended, Folayang returned to his corner, only to have the bout called off by the referee due to a severe cut.
Another ONE FC star in Eric Kelly, got off to a rough start as well, having his eye completely shut by Brad Terrey in the opening round of their featherweight bout. The rangy Thai fighter was able to put a beating on “The Natural” early on, but the ONE FC veteran would rally back. Kelly was able to take the fight to the ground and clobber his opponent from the mount, eventually locking in an armbar in the final stanza.
URCC 22 Dekada Results:
– Lowen Tynanes defeated Eduard Folayang by TKO (Cut), Round 1
– Eric Kelly defeated Brad Terrey by Submission Submission (Armbar), Round 3
– Reysaldo Transmonte defeated Hideo Morikawa by Unanimous Decision
– Jessie Rafols defeated Keiff Mangusan by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1
– Rodrigo Praxedes defeated Froilan Sarenas by Unanimous Decision
– Caloy Baduria defeated Panchito Estoro by TKO (Punches), Round 1
– Reydon Romero defeated Sulpiano Laurio by TKO (Punches), Round 1
– Jonathan Sumogat defeated Russel Iniong by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 21
– Dennis Salazar defeated Roy Doliguez by Unanimous Decision
– Lito Adiwang defeated Jun Jun Sinco by TKO (Punches), Round 2