Invicta FC’s fourth foray into mixed martial arts is set for January 5 at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas. The card will feature the promotion crowning their first strawweight (115 pounds) champion with Carla Esparza meeting Claudia Gadelha in the main event. The card will also feature Shayna Baszler taking on Alexis Davis in the evening’s co-headliner. The card is expected to be streamed online via the promotion’s website.
The event will kick off the WMMA promotion’s first in 2013 after three successful cards in 2013. The promotion has become even more visible with several of Strikeforce’s top WMMA fighters appearing on cards throughout the year.
2013 will certainly be an interesting year for the promotion, with the UFC’s signing of Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey expected to create an uptick in WMMA interest. The promotion has also formed some international partnerships in an effort to further develop WMMA talent across the globe.
- Inaugural Strawweight Title: Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha
- Shayna Baszler vs. Alexis Davis
- Leslie Smith vs. TBA
- Sarah D’Alelio vs. Amanda Nunes
- Ediane Gomes vs. Hiroko Yamanaka
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Bec Hyatt
- Katalina Malungahu vs. Veronica Rothenhausler
- Stephanie Frausto vs. Cassie Rodish
- Amanda Bell vs. Tamikka Brents
- Jodie Esquibel vs. Liz McCarthy
- Emily Kagan vs. Rose Namajunas
- Tecia Torres vs. Paige VanZant