Behind the World Series of Fighting’s inaugural event on November 3, the list of medical suspensions has been released. Devin Cole, Josh Burkman, and T.J. O’Brien face the longest possible suspensions, needing to be cleared for a variety injuries or sitting out until May 3 of 2013.
Cole, who suffered a TKO loss at the hands of Andrei Arlovski, must have his left eye cleared by a physician to compete again. Once he is medically cleared, he will be eligible to fight again on December 19.
Josh Burkman, who took a hard-fought unanimous decision victory over Gerald Harris, must have his right foot and wrist cleared by a doctor, once fit, he can return to action on December 19. T.J. O’Brien, suffered a heel hook submission loss to “Jz Calvan”, and must have his right foot and wrist cleared to be also elligible for a December 19 return, otherwise, he will be suspended through May 3.
Full list of World Series of Fighting Medical Suspensions:
- Devin Cole: Must have left eye cleared by doctor or suspended until May 3, 2013, minimum suspension until December 19, no contact until December 4.
- D.J. Linderman: Suspended until January 3, 2013, no contact until December 19.
- Travis Bartlett: Suspended until December 19, no contact until December 4 due to lacerations on Right Upper leg, left ear, and left thigh.
- Gregor Gracie: Suspended until November 25, no contact until November 18.
- Brian Cobb: Suspended until November 25, no contact until November 18 for laceration on left cheek.
- Ramico Blackmon: Suspended until November 25, no contact until November 18.
- Jodh Burkman: Must have right foot and wrist cleared by doctor or suspended until May 3. Minimum suspension until December 19 with no contact prior to December 4.
- T.J. O’Brien: Must have right knee and hand cleared by physician or suspended until May 3, 2012.
- Dustin Jacoby: Suspended until December 19 with no contact prior to December 4 door right cheek and left eyelid lacerations.