The UFC’s return to Brazil just got its headliner as middleweights Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping will square off this January. Earlier this week, Belfort found himself denying the rumors but it appears now that the rumors were well founded. The event will not be a pay-per-view, as originally reported, but the card has not found a broadcast home at this time. UFC officials announced the move today.
Both fighters were most recently in action at UFC 152. Bisping found himself victorious via unanimous decision victory over Brian Stann. Belfort lost in the night’s main event versus UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Belfort nearly pulled off the huge upset earlier after landing a very deep armbar that nearly sealed the fight in his favor.
The card will take place January 19 at a currently unnamed location in Brazil. The trip to Brazil will mark the second straight year the UFC has kicked off their calendar in Brazil after UFC 142 last year.
- Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping
- C.B. Dollaway vs Daniel Sarafian
- Ben Rothwell vs Gabriel Napão
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Thiago Tavares
- Godofredo Pepey vs Miltinho Vieira
- Andrew Craig vs Ronny Markes
- Nik Lentz vs Diego Nunes
- Justin Salas vs Edson Barboza
- Michael Kuiper vs Thiago Bodão
- George Roop vs Iuri Marajó
- Roger Hollett vs Wagner Caldeirão
- C.J. Keith vs Francisco Massaranduba
*All bouts live and subject to change