Bellator 78′s preliminary card took place tonight on Spike.com. While a woman’s flyweight feature fight was originally intended to take place after the main card action, the explosive and quick finishes on the preliminary card saw the fight moved back to its spot before the MTV2 card. In that bout, Bellator strawweight champion Zoila Gurgel (formerly Frasuto) defeated Casey Noland in her first fight in over a year and a half.
Fighters Jason Butcher, Billy Horne, Mikkel Parlo, Rob Hanna, and Justin McNally all were victorious in their respective bouts.
Preliminary Card Results
- Zoila Gurgel def. Casey Noland via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jason Butcher def. Shaun Asher via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:32 of Round 1
- Billy Horne def. Trey Houston via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:20 of Round 1
- Mikkel Parlo def. Jared Combs via TKO (punches) at 3:51 of Round 1
- Rob Hanna def. Rocky Edwards via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Justin McNally def. David Blatman via submission (triangle choke) at 0:38 of Round 1