Invicta FC has set their third card for October 6. The event will take place live from Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas and tickets will go on sale soon. The card will be headlined by the inaugural atomweight (105lbs) title fight between Jessica Penne and Naho Sugiyama. The card has not announced its broadcast plans but will likely stream via the company’s website.
Penne is a Bellator veteran and crushed Lisa Ellis at Invicta FC 1 this past April. Her only loss came to Bellator strawweight champion Zoila Gurgel (formerly Frausto) at Bellator 25. Sugiyama is 8-0 as a pro fighter, with most of her fights taking place in the Jewels fight promotion.
Also featured on the card, Shayna Baszler will look to bounce back from a close loss to Sara McMann when she faces the explosive Sarah D’Alelio, who defeated Vanessa Porto at Invicta FC 2. Hard hitting prospect Barb Honchak will take on Aisling Daly, who suffered a narrow loss to Rosi Sexton at Cage Warriors FC 47. Talented fighter Tara LaRosa will take on aforementioned Porto in her Invicta debut.
Also making her Incita debut will be “The Karate Hottie” Michelle Waterson taking on Lacey Schuckman. The Jackson’s MMA fighter is 9-3 in MMA and won her first fight since the birth of her child this past January.
Be sure to tune in October 6 for what should be a fantastic card.
- Inaugural Atomweight Title Fight: Jessica Penne vs. Naho Sugiyama
- Shayna Baszler vs. Sarah D’Alelio
- Barb Honchak vs. Aisling Daly
- Tara LaRosa vs. Vanessa Porto
- Leslie Smith vs. Cat Zingano
- Michelle Waterson vs. Lacey Schuckman
- Julia Budd vs. Elaina Maxwell
- Carla Esparza vs. Lynn Alvarez
- Ashley Cummins vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Amy Davis vs. Stephanie Frausto
- Jessamyn Duke vs. Marciea Allen
- Tecia Torres vs. Kaiyana Rain
- Katalina Malungahu vs. Taylor Stratford